Tell us your story!
If you’ve made a project from an issue of Love of Quilting, or one of our books, we’d love to see it and hear all about it — and so do our readers. Simply fill out the form below. Before you do, here are some suggestions on submitting your photos (we want them to represent your hard work in the best way possible!):
- Lighting: Take a picture of your quilt outdoors to get the best natural lighting. Indoor lighting can produce a yellow hue. It could be fun to create a scene in your backyard, but…
- Check your Surroundings: Avoid clutter or unnecessary items in the picture. We want the main item to be the quilt so the detail can be shown.
- Focus: Before you click your camera, make sure the photo is in focus. Blurry or fuzzy photos don’t show beautiful details.
- Angle: If you can, hang your quilt. This helps square up the quilt for the camera. Avoid having hands in the photo.
- Attire: If you want to proudly stand next to your quilt, go ahead! However, avoid flashy, large patterns or advertisements on your clothing. We want to see your smiling face, but your quilt is the focus.
If you’d prefer to mail your submission (with a hi-res color print), send to:
Love of Quilting (Sew & Tell)
160 S. 68th Street, Suite 1101
West Des Moines, IA 50266