The Love of Quilting July/August 2016 issue is bursting with colorful quilts for your summer piecing. You’ll be busy making quilts from wall hanging quilt patterns to king-size quilts in styles from traditional to contemporary. Eleven Sew Easy lessons teach new techniques and help you perfect your skills. Also included are two bonus quilts!
We offer helpful tools that increase efficiency and accuracy when piecing your quilts. The following tools were used to create the quilts in this issue:
Rapid Fire LeMoyne Star Template
Marsha McCloskey’s Feathered Star Ruler
Fons & Porter’s Quarter Inch Seam Marker
Fons & Porter Triangle Trimmers
We’re proud of the quilts featured in this issue! Take a look below and see what speaks to you.
- Sew Easy: Bias-Strip Piecing
- Sew Easy: Three-Color Hourglass Units
- Sew Easy: Triangle Trimmers
- Sew Easy: Windowing Fusible Appliqué
- Sew Easy: Quick Triangle-Squares
- Sew Easy: Paper Foundation Piecing
- Sew Easy: 8-at-a-Time Triangle Squares
- Sew Easy: Quick-Pieced Flying Geese Units
- Sew Easy: Quick Hourglass Units
- From Marianne & Liz
- Shop Hop: Handy products to look for at your local shop
- This Old Quilt: Is it fine art or folk art?