We are known for our accurate and detailed instructions to help our readers become skilled quilters. We also know our readers are busy people. Join our quilting expert, Diane Tomlinson, on May 29th as she walks you through an hour of timesaving tips and techniques during our Quilters Need-To-Know Webinar.
What’s a Webinar?
A webinar is a class that is streamed to your computer via the internet. It is like transporting the classroom to your home.
What you will learn:
- How to figure the finished size of the quilt you want to make.
- How to calculate yardage for your quilt.
- How to figure the diagonal measurements of standard blocks.
- How to figure and cut diagonal setting pieces for diagonal-set quilts.
- Ruler to decimal conversions
- The math of an eight-pointed star and how to size it.
- Quick cutting guidelines for patchwork pieces
- How to make bias binding from a square of fabric.
- Tips and techniques to refine your skills
What you need to do:
Reasons to purchase the webinar:
1. You don’t have to watch it live. When you purchase the webinar, you have access to it for one full year.
2. The one hour will save you countless hours with quilting. This class is focused on being an efficient and accurate quilter.
3. Diane knows her stuff. Diane is the Associate Editor at Fons & Porter and a fourth generation quilter. Quilting must run in her genes.
4. You can sit in your PJ’s while you watch it. The beauty of a webinar is you can take a class in the comfort of your own home. All you need is your computer.
5. You can sit in your PJ’s and eat chocolate chip cookies while you watch it.
6. It’s from your trusted source for quilting: Fons & Porter.