Quilt to the Hilt this weekend!
February 20 & 21, 2016
Love to learn new quilting techniques? You’re in luck! Create TV® is airing a 6-hour quilt-a-thon this weekend featuring 12 hand-picked episodes of the shows you love, including Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting, Quilting Arts, Sewing With Nancy, and It’s Sew Easy.
Learn about painting on fabrics, making miniature and small quilts, using fusibles, creating photo quilts, and much more. Between shows, catch Nancy Zieman, of Sewing with Nancy, as she chats with quilters attending the Wisconsin Quilt Expo to share their ideas and expertise. The marathon airs on Saturday from 6:00 am – 12:00 pm ET, with encores on Saturday from 6:00 pm – 12:00 am ET and Sunday from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm ET.
Stay tuned during this quilting extravaganza for 6 technique-savvy episodes of Love of Quilting. Here’s a sneak-peek at some of the things you’ll learn (plus a free pattern):
- Create original “fabric” from your scraps!
- Learn a simple y-seam technique!
- Learn how to easily create your own quilt designs!
- Make quick-pieced Flying Geese!
- Cut strip set units for easy nine-patch construction!
- Learn a basic set-in seam technique!
- Adopt an economical way to create continuous bias binding!
- Get a head start on learning how to easily embroider and stipple your projects – download the free pattern for the Whoo’s Ready for Summer pillow!
Create TV is giving away free quilt pattern downloads of the “I See Spots” quilt pattern by Nancy Zieman in celebration of this quilting marathon! You’ll learn how to create and appliqué circles with this quilt pattern. Good to know!
We hope you’ll join us this weekend for this very exciting quilting event. If you’d like to learn more about the quilt-a-thon, take a look here.
See you soon and Happy Quilting!