So I got a question for you…
Are you familiar with cutting bees? Cutting bees are like quilting bees, only instead of gathering around a big frame and quilting with your girls, you all bring scraps and fabric, and cut out your individual quilts (or strips) together.
It sounds amazing, right?
I think so, and I’m going to have one soon. But that’s what I want to ask you all about. If you have thoughts or answers to these questions, let me know!
– Afternoon or evening?
– Wine? (Remember, rotary cutters are involved…)
– How much fabric should a person be required to bring? (Beginning quilters don’t always have a ton of fabric, you know…)
– Should there be a specific quilt we cut out together? More advanced quilters can take strips home and go nuts, but for beginners, it might be best to do the same project…
– What’s a good number? 6? 10?
– Is there a better name than “cutting bee”?