There are some great opportunities currently in the quilting world for entering to win outstanding prizes, including fabric for days (and even a lifetime). The Fabric for Life and Quilters Quilt the Blues Challenge are exciting giveaways with simple requirements. Everyone loves free quilt patterns (of which we have many), but these prizes give you the fabric to use with those free quilt patterns and then some! Here is what you can expect:
FABRIC FOR LIFE:
Really! It’s like the name of the contest says — you can enter to win fabric for life. The grand prize winner is awarded a 20 year supply of fabric from KeepsakeQuilting.com (valued at $11,440). If you aren’t the lucky recipient if the grand prize, there are plenty more available. Here’s the rundown:
- First place gets a 570 QE Sewing Machine from Bernina (valued at $4,399).
- Second place gets a Velocity 200IR iron, The Board 2-in-1 ironing table, and iron rest from Reliable Corporation (valued at $463).
- And, finally, five third place winners get a fabric bundle from each of these sponsors: Henry Glass, Blank, Fabri-Quilt, Studio e Fabrics, and Quilting Treasures (valued at $100-$200).
Entering is easy — simply fill out the entry form! You’ll want to enter every day, from now until December 31, 2016, for your chance to win any of the wonderful prizes listed above!
QUILTERS QUILT THE BLUES CHALLENGE:
This is a quilter’s contest, if I’ve ever seen one. It’s all about making a quilt. And, winning and finalist quilts will be exhibited at Original Sewing & Quilt Expos in 2017! Plus, wonderful prizes are awarded:
- Grand prize gets a HUSQVARNA VIKING® SAPPHIRE™ 965Q sewing machine. It’s top of the line! Plus, two tickets to an Original Sewing and Quilt Expo, as well as $100 to spend in the Quilt and Sew Shop online store (for more online fabric purchases, of course!).
- Second prize gets a Sizzix Big Shot Pro die-cutting machine and a $50 QuiltAndSewShop.com coupon.
- Third prize gets a Sulky Original Slimline Thread Storage Box which contains the second 80 colors of their 12 Wt. Cotton Petites (they’re available on 50 yd. snap-end spools for easy use and storage), plus a $50 QuiltAndSewShop.com coupon.
This contest focuses on creativity and quilt design. Using the Quilters Quilt the Blues Challenge Fabric Bundle, make a quilt using your own original designs. When finished, enter online or by mail by December 1, 2016.
Don’t miss out on these exciting contests! To enter, and read more about the entry requirements, take a look at the Fabric for Life and Quilters Quilt the Blues Challenge pages! And, good luck to you!
Oh! If you’re interested in those free quilt patterns I mentioned above, you can find them on the Fons & Porter Free Quilt Patterns page.