Thangles™ are paper strips marked with guides for sewing half-square triangles from strips. The papers stabilize the bias seams, resulting in perfectly-joined triangles every time.
About Thangles™ Triangle Papers
If you’re looking for another quilting video tutorial on a particular technique, check out our Sew Easy lessons to find it there.
- Cut strips of contrasting fabrics 1/2″ larger than finished size of triangles (Photo A) . For example, cut strips 2-1/2″ wide for 2″-finished triangles. Layer strips, right sides together, with the lighter color on top (this will position the seam allowances toward the darker fabric).
- Pin Thangles™ papers to strips, keepin long edges aligned. Pins should be parallel to sticthing lines (Photo B).
- Stitch on dotted lines, chain sewing from one area to the next. Use a stitch length of 2.5 mm or 12 stitches per inch (when using sizes 1″ or smaller, shorten stitch length to 1.5 – 1.8 mm or 15-20 stitches per inch).
- Cut on solid lines to separate rectangles; cut each rectangle on solid line to divide into triangles (Photo C).
- Open out light triangles and press seam, leaving paper on to prevent fabric from stretching. Tear away paper (Photo D).
Click here to download free printable instructions for Thangles™ Triangle Papers.