1-1 1/2 lb sausage: cut into 1" slices
6 medium potatoes: peeled and cut into 3/4-1" slices
2-3 tbsp. flour
2-3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Water and salt and pepper to taste
1 small head cabbage: clean and slice or tear into strips (use only green cabbage)
1. Brown sausage in large pot; drain off excessive grease.
2. Season flour; dredge potatoes in flour. Pour this into pot.
3. Cover with water, add vinegar, and cook until taters are soft but firm (approx 25 minutes). Add additional flour mixed with water if liquid is too thin. Adjust seasoning and vinegar at end of cooking time.
4. Add cabbage and stir gently. Cook another 5-10 minutes.
• Serve with sour cream; tastes best when left in fridge overnight.
• Can be stored safely in fridge for about 10 days. Doesn't freeze well.