Magazine Submission Guidelines
Love of Quilting Project Submission Guidelines
- Submit a clear image of your entire quilt, either by e-mail or by mail. It can be a detailed drawing or a printout from EQ or another drawing program. The format should be either jpg or pdf if digital.
- Clearly print your name, address, phone number, the quilt's dimensions, and its name on the back of the photo or include with your e-mail.
- Be sure to include a phone number where we can reach you during the day and an e-mail address, if applicable.
- Include information about yourself including whether you are a professional or amateur quilter.
- All quilt submissions must be original designs or traditional patterns. Do not submit quilts that you have made from published instructions. Adaptations of designs from other published materials are derivative works. Be prepared to answer questions about your source of inspiration. If someone else's pattern is your starting place for a design, it may be possible to get permission to publish if permission is gained in advance and credit is given in the magazine.
- If your quilt has appliqué or requires templates, pieces must fit on a 7 3/8" x 10" page.
- We will pay an honorarium to publish your quilt. We buy all rights for a contracted time, but we can license back to you the right to teach the project in your classes, as well as other rights.
- You are required to send us basic instructions for your quilt. Our staff will edit instructions into our magazine style.
- If published, we will need to keep your quilt for a period of time for photography and instruction development.
- If we decide to publish your quilt, we will contact you. Often, we keep submissions on file for possible future use.
- Please send or e-mail submissions to:
Quilt Project Submissions
Love of Quilting
P.O. Box 171
Winterset, IA 50273
Or, email to: diane@FonsandPorter.com